Leopold (1822-1895) and Rudolf (1857-1939) Blaschka (courtesy of the Rakow Research Library of The Corning Museum of Glass)
The father and son
team of Leopold and Rudolf Blaschka were the culmination of a long line
of glass artisans from Bohemia, a glassmaking center of Czechoslovakia.
Between 1863 and 1936, they supplied museums and universities all over
the world with stunningly lifelike models of plants and animals, ending
with the well-known series of glass flowers at Harvard.