Albert R. Mann Library
Quill Gordon dry fly
Illustration of quill
Illustration of quill

In the language of fly-tying, a slippery word, referring variously to several different parts or preparations of feathers used to tie flies. The names of many fly patterns include the word as well, the most celebrated of these being the Quill Gordon, developed by the reclusive, intriguing man known as the father of American dry-fly fishing.

page 1 of 2 -->>>